Saturday 7 September 2013

THE NIGHTINGALES - DON'T BLINK

 
The Nightingales - Don't Blink
 
 
 Don't blink until you want to
run the risk of missing something
take the choice upon yourself
be firm but fair with your eyelids
your eyes whisper I sound fascist
some people would kill me for that
Am I so concerned about myself
they want to crucify me for it

Don't blink superiority
don't spill that load of knowledge
bob your tongue out undercover
those itchy fingers straight from college
my belly pinch, try to intimidate me
I will not flinch
I just do not feel guilty

Don't blink unless I want to
I like two sugars in my tea
That's a choice I make myself
don't want your feeble remedy
now, when I was a kid and fell off of my bike
no mothers slap dictates
the taste in tea that I like

Don't blink in front of your heap
they might think you're falling asleep
and dreaming of hot cucumbers
forgetting the safety in the numbers
I'm encourageable and some people would have me for it
It'd make them feel better
to create the room in which to do it

No comments: