Thursday 5 September 2013

LORDS OF THE NEW CHURCH - RUSSIAN ROULETTE

 
Lords of The New Church – Russian Roulette
 
The Lords of The New Church were a bit of a post punk supergroup featuring Stiv Bators (The Dead Boys), Brian James (TheDamned), Dave Tregunna (Sham 69) and Nick Turner (The Barracudas).  Although I listened to quite a bit of their stuff back in the 80s this song kind of passed me by until I heard Jesse Malin’s cover of it a few years back.  Penned by Tony James and Terry Chimes 
 
 

I'm on a helicopter ride through Vietnam.
I'm the Leicester Square kid I'm superman.
I'm putting weight for the Oscar.
Man gonna get through anyway I can.
 
Everywhere everyone is red and green.
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine.
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams.
Outta my mind I'm feelin' mean.
 
I'm Nuremberg Stepper blowin' wets away.
I gotta headful of Hendrix, I'm feelin' OK.
I'm a late night thriller, I'm miss La Ray.
Outta my mind can I come to play?

Hey hey hey we're in the movie.
I feel up and I feel groovy.
Let's go out and get some of that.
Gimme gimme gimme some Russian Roulette. La la la.... I said hey.

No comments: