Saturday 3 August 2013

MY TOP TEN - SAM PARSONS

Okay, second in the occasional series of random Top 10's  This week it's little Sam. (That's my boy)

10. Kate Nash - Made Of Bricks


Feel good album all the way through, genius lyricist with a comedic value to her
 
9. Ramones - Ramones


First ever album I brought on vinyl. A great moment for my dad cause he knew in that moment, he'd succeeded in continuing the family's love for punk

8. Fall Out Boy - Infinity On High


I used to listen to this album religiously in my early years of high school, the quirky names, the catchy songs, not the perfect album, but definitely a great

7. Beans On Toast - Standing On A Chair



By purely getting through this album, you feel like you've achieved something great in life. It's like watching the Lord Of Rings trilogy consecutively, all your senses burn but it's worth it

6. The Feeling - Twelve Stops and Home


This is a bit different to the albums I usually listen too but everyone needs that feel-good album and this is mine
 
5. Leatherface - Stormy Petrol


This is more to do with the songs on this album contributing to an amazing gig experience.

4. Pete Bentham & The Dinnerladies - Hip Potater


This album has it's own genre; kitchen sink punk. It is catchy throughout and doesn't get the size of audience it deserves

3. Dan Le Sac Vs. Scroobius Pip - Angles


 
Everyone knows an album like this. Until you listen to it, no one can do it justice by trying to explain it to you

2. My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade


This album made me who I am today. An eleven year old in his room singing 'teenagers scare the living shit out of me' may seem unusual but it shaped my whole musical taste. Not one bad song on this album

1. The King Blues - Save The World Get The Girl


This band took the idea of punk rock and shaped it into their own style to make an album too perfect to be true. This album is the Pulp Fiction of music, it has something for everybody and everyone gets a catchphrase from it
 

No comments: