Sunday 28 July 2013

MY TOP TEN by BLAKE DEVONPORT

As promised I'm going to start putting up some top tens by friends and family and maybe even the odd celebrity.  Going to make it a weekly event but couldn't wait a whole week to post this so here's the first guest top ten by Blakey (don't call me Snakey) Devonport. 

1. The Clash - Give 'Em Enough Rope.


With such songs as 'Safe European home' and 'Tommy Gun', it's hard not to put this as the greatest album ever made every single week.

2.Enter Shikari - A Flash Flood of Colour.


I was always into Enter Shikari songs, but to sit down and listen to an album was always a challenge for me. The problem being - not enough consistency. Until the band went to Thailand to make this epic set of tracks. Great album and the most energetic band I've seen live.

3.Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill


Dating back to my childhood in 1995. This was the last album my family ever listened to in full before we was broken up. It's a moment album for me. It helps me go back to that time.

4.Metallica - Kill 'Em All


Hard to choose one album from Metallica. I went with Kill 'Em All, the birth of Metallica. 2 great songs on the album are Hit The Lights and Seek and Destroy.

5. Parkway Drive - Deep Blue


A very heavy album. I met Parkway Drive back at Sonisphere and they played most of this album, I've never looked back.

6. Nickelback - Silver Side Up


Another one from back in the day. Has always stuck with me no matter what genre I drifted to and from. There's not much before or after this album by Nickelback that I liked very much.

7.Linkin Park - Reanimation


With Linkin Park flying high and hitting the charts with Crawling which ended up winning a Grammy and 'In the End'. This song ranked at #121 in Blender magazine's The 500 Greatest Songs Since You Were Born. These songs were taken and remixed into a album known as reanimation.

8.Mumford and Sons - Babel


This has already found a spot on my all time favourite 10, which shows how good this album is. Fantastic atmosphere and vibe to the album. These boys are very close and it shows through their music.

9.Counting Crows - August and Everything


A lot of great songs on this album. Me and my brother helped each other with this album. I gave him the name counting crows, he gave me songs like 'holiday in Spain'. A great album to have in the car. 

10.Rammstein - Mutter


A album that you have no idea what is being sang but you feel it. You feel the intensity in every single unknown word. It makes you listen to every instrument.

No comments: